Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Wed Sep 07 2005 04:05 AM
Re: Tropical Storm Warnings Up Titusville to Jupiter Tropical Depression 16 Forms Off Florida Coast

I watched Tom Terry tonight, too, and I felt the same way you do. All they had up on the 5 day outlook was "Tropical Troubles".
I did notice that they slowed the track down a bit. In their disco they mentioned that shear is to supposed to relax for the next 12-24 (I think) and then come back into play again after that which would probably mean that it may mess up the storm a bit before/if it makes landfall. Also interesting was the talk about the cooler air injecting itself into the system.
Looks like they may have shifted the track to the right a tiny bit, but it's kinda hard to tell. It appears that until it starts moving, we're just going to have to watch it. (inject a "DUH" here).

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center