native
(Weather Guru)
Wed Sep 07 2005 03:32 PM
!

Um...in a word...NO! (in response to Force's question about anyone buying into it)

RC & Force - I hope your worst fears are just that...fears and not reality.

Time will tell...right now she's basically meandering out there so she's tricky to track/forecast/predict right now. I know NHC as well as others must be throwing their hands in air and rolling their eyes on this one. I for one am scratching my head. I do think however that she's getting her act together a touch quicker than originally anticipated.

My best guess (emphasis on guess) is this:

1.) She will be a hurricane come the end of the weekend. I'll stab at borderline CAT 1/2. (Conditions (at least for now, support this)

2.) I do not think she'll make it further north than 31/32N nor will she go east much past 75W before coming around again. (With lack of any real steering currents to speak of, I just don't see her getting that much further north before being forced eastward)

3.) I think if/when she makes it back around it'll be south of the Space Coast. (This ofcourse will depend upon that ridge...how strong, how south & east, etc.)

NewWatcher - I couldn't agree more....I'd gladly take one on chin from her now to prevent the threat she'll pose later.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center