Random Chaos
(Weather Analyst)
Wed Sep 07 2005 04:21 PM
Re: Tropical Storm Ophelia Forms off Florida East Coast

I'm waiting for the 12Z GFDL (about 4 hours away...plus however long it takes to get published...). It should be much more accurate for this storm. I believe the AVN model that the GFDL uses as a spawn this time will be the first AVN run seeded after Ophelia became a TS. This will make the GFDL more reliable.

As for a southward jog...don't count it out. This thing is moving so slowly it could go any direction.

As for Melbourne radar, it is starting to form the eastern edge of a central circulation now. This thing looks stronger than a TS on radar. It looks to be trying to form an eye. That normally isn't seen until strong cat 2. I don't think it is anywhere near that strong, but it says to me that the storm is more organized than we thought.

--RC

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center