ralphfl
(Weather Master)
Wed Sep 07 2005 05:49 PM
Re: Tropical Storm Ophelia Forms off Florida East Coast

Quote:

The apparent eye on the radar is pretty small and it wouldn't be surprising to see it break down at some point. The storm is obviously developing an inner core, though.

The 12Z GFS basically does not move the system at all for 48 hours, then begins to move it out to sea, but then slowly loops it back beginning at about 108 hours and finally brushes it up against Cape Hatteras at about 252 hours. That is just one model solution of many, but the bottom line seems to be that this could be around for awhile and be a pain to forecast.

it was this post...sorry another post came in before i made it so this is the post i was talking about.

But it is not drifting west.What you are seeing is the bands not the center which is not moving or if it is at all its drifting nnw or nw.

Again it was the other post i was talking about as in a eye they only are found in canes.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center