Ricreig
(User)
Thu Sep 08 2005 10:32 AM
Re: Tropical Storm Ophelia Uncertainty

Quote:

Now this is different??? I am confused. The NHC has Ophelia meandering just off of the coast of North Florida for the next several days. I was surfing the net and checking out the accuweather site. They offer a completely different path.

Accuweather has not had a good track record recently. Only one (as far as I can tell) of the models suggest the possibility of going directly west into the gulf. I feel there is no support for their solution. Ophilia is in a col, kind of a dip between several high pressure areas with no real desire to move. Any movement will likely be sllightly north, maybe east, maybe a loop, but not likely directly west per Accuweather. Whatever happens will likely NOT be very fast.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center