FireAng85
(Weather Hobbyist)
Thu Sep 08 2005 07:51 PM
Getting Concerned

I wasn't overyly concerned about Ophelia until today. To me, being the novice weather watcher that I am, would think that the longer she stays over open water, the stronger she's going to get. Can someone dampen my fear a little bit that she's not going to strengthen TOO MUCH? Charley, Frances and Jeanne scared the you know what out of me last year and we're 50 miles inland, pretty much due east of the Cape. We lost our roof between Francis and Jeanne. I really don't want to have to experience that again. Is there any reason she won't strengthen past a Cat 1? Please tell me there is...........

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center