richisurfs
(Weather Guru)
Sat Sep 10 2005 12:23 AM
Re: Ophelia Moves Away For Now

I think what we need to do here is not look at every little satellite loop but look at this storm over a period of time....like where it is relative to this time yesterday. It is now sitting at 30.0 N whereas yesterday, at this time, it was sitting at 28.5N or something like that. It's moving slow and the NHC never said it was going to do anything but move slow. It does have an easterly movement but it is also obviously moving north. Thats why they said movement was north"east''. I really think considering the nature of this storm and the fact that the models have been all over the place, the Nhc has done a really good job calling this one so far. Believe me, they are seeing everything we are seeing and more.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center