SC Bill
(Verified CFHC User)
Sat Sep 10 2005 02:19 AM
Re: Ophelia Moves Away For Now

Need a reality check here. Is there no real feeling that Ophelia could amount to a serious East Coast threat to someone? Or are people not really paying attention, both here, in the media and in the public? I live in Hilton Head, on the SC coast- a barrier island. Nearly everyone I spoke to today was surprised there even was a storm- the local media is treating it in passing "A tropical system may threaten the low country early to middle of next week. Now to sports . . . " When I last checked, there were like 29 browsers on here- what is there normally when a hurricane is this close to the coast?

Anyway, very curious. Our County Emergency Management head has announced that the storm may threaten our area earlier than originally thought, and may be calling a voluntary evacuation tomorrow, with a state-ordered mandatory as early as Sunday. Only place I have "stumbled" across that is on our town newspaper's website.

Maybe I worry too much.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center