abyrd
(Weather Hobbyist)
Sat Sep 10 2005 01:12 PM
Re: Reality

Quote:

For those who forcasted for the storm not to move much further north than 30-31, do you still feel that way? I read that from more than one poster on this site. The forecast made a lot of sense to me. I would love to hear an update from any of you regarding your prediction. I am interest edin learning if you still believe it won't move further north and where you feel it will eventually make landfall.

I was one of the ones that thought the storm would slowly drift across Florida. However, the trough that came through got stronger and deeper than what I had thought. In Orlando, you can feel the effects of the trough as it is actually cool this morning.

As of this time, there's no reason to doubt the reasoning that SC/NC will get hit. Where in that area is still up for discussion and will largely depend on when the storm starts its predicted turn.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center