GuppieGrouper
(Weather Master)
Sat Sep 10 2005 05:25 PM
Re: down to ophelia

It would be easier for us amateur observers to see what was going on and figure things out if the satellite would stop doing the tango.
I am getting calls from family and extended family from the Charleston area and they are not under mandatory evacuations yet but I have been advising them to evacuate now if they are going to need to in the future, because of traffic concerns.
My question is that I have been looking at the MSLP loops and I am wondering what is going to keep the center from drifting south again. It looks to me like the pressures to the north are higher than the pressures to the south, hence (big fancy word) the center should be willing to take the easier softer way. Any commentary appreciated. Ignoring it is ok too

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center