scottsvb
(Weather Master)
Sat Sep 10 2005 05:37 PM
Re: down to ophelia

Well my offical forecast for landfall might be delayed cause the high is orientated more N-S and could drive the system more Sor SW tonight into tomorow then expected. Im not saying this will be outside the models and hit florida, but there is a slight chance this might get pushed far enough back south that it will turn w and threaten NE florida or SE Georgia. That my forecast? Not really, mine is actually further east then the global models.. I see the ridge reforming more over the western atlantic early next week pushing her NNE and possibly threaten the outerbanks and then Long Island and New England. Right now New England is more then 3 days out but landfall looks right between eastern longIsland and the cape by Weds or Thurs. Im on the farthest east of the model consensus but I wouldnt be surprised if they swing around to this. SSW-NNE position of the ridge will push this then another trough will swing into the great lakes the middle of this week ahead.
Anyways with the slight thought on Florida-Georgia thing is there is more of a NNE-SSW flow then what the models show and also the upper low should be helping induce a more SSW motion later tonight into Sunday.
Will make offical 3 day landfall later tomorrow or Monday unless the treat to the SE increases.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center