Hugh
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Sun Sep 11 2005 08:07 PM
Re: Hurricane Ophelia Stalls Again

Quote:

Yeah, been trying to figure out movement on the Long Range Radar. However, I could be completely off base, but I think Ophelia's drift South West took her just out of Wilmington's range to catch the center and just off of Charlestons, which hasn't been running properly anyway. Looking at Visibles it appears to have drifted SW. Notice the latest GFDL forecast, right back in my neck of the woods. The NHC has already missed their first forecast point. Imagine if after all is said and done this thing ends up by the Georgia/SC border like predicted well over a week ago! Don't think it's probable, but who knows at this point.

I was thinking "imagine if after all is said and done this thing ends up by Melborne, FL!' Don't think that's probable, but... anything is possible. The center is no longer visible on any radar that I can find, but the movement is clear on Visible imagery. I think the models are just scratching their heads.

5pm Discussion says:
The center drifted a little westward or west-southwestward over the
past few hours...but so far the movement is still quasi-stationary.

Now that's a technical term.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center