Hugh
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Sun Sep 11 2005 09:43 PM
Re: Hurricane Ophelia Stalls Again

Quote:

"I was thinking "imagine if after all is said and done this thing ends up by Melborne, FL!'"
HEY, I resent that statement.....ROFL! You just keep those thoughts to yourself..lol. It is a strange storm though. Everytime I look at her, I think she's doing something else that she's not supposed to be doing. I've decided to just not look for awhile.

Sorry...
good news, though. Looking at the latest satellite picture, Opelia is right on the dot for the NHC track. Wait a minute, that's the current location dot, and the image is 15 minutes before the 4pm advisory!
Looks on IR like the current motion is somewhere between due west and due south. Looking at the visible loop, current motion is somewhere between due south and due east.

I give up! This storm is crazy!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center