Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Mon Sep 12 2005 01:07 PM
Re: 00z models

Thanks for your input RC & ED. I just checked the latest recon data. Looks like she is mighty sick right now. Pressure up to 988mb. Another concern is that after watching these storms for over 30 yrs in this area is the Gulf Stream. I remember Alex from last year when it blew up to 90 kts seemingly over night. It seems to me taht the shear has lessened a bit so the only inhibiting factor for intensification is the upwelling of water but yet it will be moving over waters that it has not yet traveled over as it approaches the coast line. I also checked the latest vis sat and it appears to me that the dry air that had been entrained may beginning to get closer to the coc. My thought is that it may actually weaken until the dry air gets out then a more modest strenghtening after the next 6-12 hours. Anyone have any thought on this?

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center