Daytonaman
(Weather Watcher)
Thu Sep 15 2005 12:50 AM
Re: Ophelia

And Ralph's forecast from Sept. 9...
"For a few days now and a few pages back i posted that my thinking was the GA FL border,Now what i use to base it on is the same thing i used when i said that Kat would hit the LA miss area when it left the Fl coast which is a blend of the GDFL runs and blend them with old runs.

When Katrina went off the florida coast the gdfl had the right track a day before then changed as it went along.

The other day the gdfl had it going to the GA Fl border and my thinking is it has it now moving faster then what it is and will be doing.

So just like with Katrina ill go with what worked last storm and for 2 days now been saying this will hit the GA FL border as a cat 1-2 storm and error range up to the GA SC border and as low as Daytona beach."

Edited by ralphfl (Fri Sep 09 2005 02:00 PM) OR
Ralph's Forecast
I lurk on here often, trying to be a student. So I post very rarely. I know that no one gets their forecasts all right or all wrong not even the NHC, but it makes for interesting discussion and debate. I have to vent this in that it gets very old very fast when people make habits of saying things about others posts but give no reasoning why the post they are commenting on is wrong in their opinion.

PS...Mod's feel free to send to the graveyard, but this is a great site and sometimes one needs to vent....Thanks.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center