Hugh
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Sat Sep 17 2005 02:48 PM
Re: Tropical Depression Seventeen forms East of the Leeward Islands

Quote:

I think it's way too early to label this storm as a fish spinner. I believe in the short term it will get pulled in a generally N or NW direction due to the weakness, but the high is forecast to build back in pretty strongly during the forecast period which should turn the storm more NW if not WNW or due W somewhere North of Puerto Rico. All bets are off IMO at that point.

Someone who was tracking the now TD17 was telling me this two days ago. It should move north of the islands and then make a hard turn toward Florida, he suggested, and then continue moving to the west. It's definately one to watch. The system north of Puerto Rico could skip the northward motion and just head toward the Bahamas, if it develops - which looks possible in a few days.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center