LoisCane
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Sun Sep 18 2005 04:18 AM
Worries me difference between models & advisories

Understand that it is only one model run.. or two but the models are showing a very well developed hurricane and the advisories are going for now.. with a strong tropical storm or maybe a hurricane.

Watched all local Miami channels and saw at least 3 different scenarios.

1 called it a probable hurricane or strong tropical storm as it moves over this area
2 called it a depression and most likely a tropical storm
3 one called it as going mostly through the keys as a tropical storm with a big question mark

I understand the need to wait to see models verify and it is only a depression just coming together on the most recent imagery.. but

Looking at models calling it a STRONG cane .. various wind speeds shown and a developing tropical storm on TV on your typical Sunday when people generally pay little attention to the news... worries me a lot.

At least they mentioned that during the Dolphin game there will be constant updates.. shows how serious they are already taking it even if they only have it as a ? on their maps.

Bobbi.. everyone take care and continue to give to the red cross or who ever you wish to give to..

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center