Storm Hunter
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Sun Sep 18 2005 05:16 PM
Re: Tropical Depression Eighteen Forms East of the Bahamas

ref td 18:
i agree with 11am.... recon will be out there in a little bit... so will have a pretty good fix of the center.... i do agree it looks a little farther north than the 11adv pkg.... so i would expect a slight shift in the 5pm adv. tonight to the right or north in short term....

**Houston does not need this system...nor the central Gulf Coast..... the western GOM havs very warm waters right now, and that would have me worried that a Hurricane at Landfall would not be out of the question in my mind in the western (texas coast) gulf.... at this time....

i think the mayor of New Orleans needs too rethink letting people back into the city in the near future, or until the threat of this system is gone.....

sat

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center