Wxwatcher2
(Storm Tracker)
Mon Sep 19 2005 12:32 PM
Re: Rita a hurricane by tonight?

Quote:

This is what totally annoys me about watches and warnings... and its not anyone's fault its just my observation.

Now the 8 a.m. advisory just noted that the Hurricane Warning advisory maybe extended later today northward. Many private employers will only let their staff go under a hurricane warning, so therefore if it is extended later this afternoon, many people here in the Southern Miami Dade county will be left with every little time to prepare.

Anyway I am ready, however there is a lot of debris from Katrina still laying around the neighbourhood and that is scary.

I understand your annoyance. Hurricanes in general annoy me as well. The thing is that all of us who live in Florida should STAY prepared during hurricane season. This storm did not sneak up on us.

The NHC issues watches and warnings in accordance within their guidlines.

Stay safe and gods speed everyone in Rit's path.

Tampa Bay Buc's Undefeated in 2006

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center