The Force 2005
(Storm Tracker)
Mon Sep 19 2005 02:30 PM
Re: Hurricane Warnings up for the Florida Keys

Well, here we go again. Let me say this, the models didn't predict that Katrina would get to CAT 5 with an insane pressure of 902MB. It also didn't predict a more southerly track after it passed the Keys. But with that being said, I believe the NHC is being very cautious, but have to realize this, that Max Mayfield said the N.O. anf the Gulf Coast is not out of the woods. I think that the SST's post Katrina are near what they were prior to landfall. The High to the east of FLA and light winds aloft in the Gulf havbe the potential for Rita to slide right around the high and strengthen very rapidly as did Katrina. Like everyone is saying and now the models are Trending East, the worst case could soon be realized once again. It wouldn't bow well for those people, regardless where Rita strike. I could see a CAT4 96HRs out into the Gulf. Now no ones wants to say it, but we could be seeing another "BIG" storm hit the NGC. A scenario that no one wants to re-play. But till it becomes eveident, I will wait and see like everyone else.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center