Brad in Miami
(Storm Tracker)
Mon Sep 19 2005 04:34 PM
Re: hurricane warning miami-dade

I'm not referring to the fact that the track and models shifted north. I'm referring to Bob's statement AFTER the 11am advisory (in which the forecast track shifted and the shift in the models was noted):

"There maybe an eye forming,and if it forms where it looks like it will,everything will shift north in a hurry.Max Mayfield also said an eye maybe forming. "

If you see an eye forming farther north than where the NHC has the center located (the eye formation to the north was the basis of your post, unless you mistakenly wrote that), then I'm asking where - on what satellite image - you see that, because that would suggest an even farther shift north than the models suggest and NHC has forecasted (which you recognized in your post - which, again, you posted after the 11am advisory - by suggesting that if it's true, "everything will shift north in a hurry").

I suppose (1) I'm curious to see your basis for the conclusion re: the eye forming more to the north, and (2) if you don't really have a basis for that statement, then the post is inappropriate, based purely on speculation and with the potential to cause unnecessary stress or to spread incorrect information.

Of course there is a chance - a decent chance - the storm will move more to the north (as the NHC has acknowledged) and that Miami-Dade, or even Broward, could experience hurricane force winds. However, I don't think anyone should add fuel to the fire based on pure speculation; that's why I was asking what your source was.

No offense intended, but I do think it's important to either back up such statements with your source, or not post them.

-Brad

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center