bigpapi
(Weather Watcher)
Mon Sep 19 2005 04:35 PM
Re: hurricane warning miami-dade

I lived in the Keys for a few years. What they do is evacuate in zones. They don't want everyone hitting the roads at the same time. Obviously withe the direction this storm is heading it will affect the entire island chain. It seems most of the storms to affect them as late came over the western tip of Cuba which let the upper Keys off the hook for the most part. Also to get back in you need Hurricane Evacuation stickers for your car. They are color coded to match the zone.

It's amazing how many times they have evacuated lately with little or no affect. I hope they are taking this seriously and not saying "I made it through Georges". If everyone remembers, Georges traversed all of Hispaniola and most of Cuba before emerging into the Straits.

It's been a while since one ran the whole length starting in the Bahamas.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center