Terra
(Storm Tracker)
Mon Sep 19 2005 05:41 PM
Re: hurricane warning miami-dade

Communication is difficult for me when I am not at work, so I only briefly learned of this storm yesterday. I had a few minutes to look at sats and models and the thing that worries me most, is if Rita does track somewhat east of the current forecast, then NO will be on the east side of the storm. The small amount of rain we got this weekend (luckily, the first since Katrina) managed to allow water into my parent's house through the covered hole in the roof, and knocked electricity out for another 24-hours for some people in my area. I do think that letting people assess Katrina damage in NO is a good idea, as perhaps it can allow people to recover items that actually survived Katrina or prepare (as best they can) for the possibility of another storm. The main concern I have is that many people still in the area that were affected by Katrina have no idea that we are in the 'cone' for yet another storm. I spoke to a few friends and mentioned Rita, and because of power/cable outages and general communication problems, they knew nothing about it.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center