jlauderdal
(Weather Hobbyist)
Mon Sep 19 2005 05:44 PM
Re: hurricane warning miami-dade

Quote:

Quote:

Rita is wrapping up quickly. If you didn't know better and had to choose which storm was a Hurricane and which was a tropical storm you'd say Rita over Phillipe. Phillipe looks more like a tropical wave right now. In my opionion 6 hour updates with a storm this close is dangerous. Anyone who reads these boards are weather hobbyists or actual professionals and understand what is happening. For the average person who is going about daily life they are thinking, "why am I going to leave for a tropical storm". They just tune in to the news here the latest coordinates and think, "ah this is nothing". A huge majority of these stations just read coordinates from the last advisory. So if someone tunes in at 4:45 and it's apparent a storm is intensifying and will be updated in 15 minutes, they are still going to get the 11am update and think everything is alright.

Anyway, recon should be reporting within the half hour. I'm still betting on a Hurricane with a Special Update.

*standing ovation* well said... I actually heard National Public Radio say we were under a Hurricane watch and this was at their 11:30 news break! I said .. wow.... i am glad I am more informed by coming to this website....

this is a quote from my office email: We are watching Tropical Storm Rita, and right now her impact on South Florida is unpredictable so therefore as long as the building remains open, we too shall remain open.

I just shook my head in amazement.

we are closing the miami lakes office at 3 and closed tomorrow. employers need to give people some time today to prpeare since it will be rolling in the middle of the night.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center