Margie
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Tue Sep 20 2005 03:28 AM
Re: Recon and Dvorak

Clark I have been looking for that link in your met blog post all afternoon! If I am reading it correctly, confirms my thoughts that once past the keys, not entirely favorable for intensification in the GOM unless she hits the loop current (which can be seen on that link), although it looks like Rita will be a tad too far south for that? I was thinking eariler today that the western GOM would have some warmer water, but from that link, it doesn't look like that's really the case, it was only the surface SSTs.

So I was thinking earlier today Rita wouldn't spin up to a Cat 3 by the time she reaches the keys. Then, in the following days, would have a hard time getting to Cat 3 or much beyond weak Cat 3 unless hitting the loop current Wed night / Thurs am. I still think that's the case and we won't see a Cat 3 at tomorrow 11am advis. That core is just having a hard time organizing, and it is going slowly. I think it'll cap out at a Cat 2.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center