teal61
(Weather Hobbyist)
Tue Sep 20 2005 03:39 AM
Re: Recon

Quote:

I have never knocked the nhc before,But I will now.I was just at the beach here and there is a steady wind of about 25mph with higher gust for the past few hours.This did not happen with Hurricane Katrina.The steady wind really surprised me.And seeing it blow up on radar it was amazing that they did not upgrade to a hurricane.But then I find out they flew into the wrong part of the storm.Why would they go into the south part first?The north part is what affects us the most. This storm exploded,no question on that.I really think this was a real screw-up by the people at the nhc.

They went in through the southeast part first because that is the direction they were coming from. They are flying from St Croix.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center