Margie
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Tue Sep 20 2005 03:55 AM
Re: Galveston

Well it's early but definitely a good idea.

I think landfall in TX a little to the south of current forecast, and a large windfield, which leave Galveston and Houston vulnerable and receiving the strong quadrant. I just have a hard time seeing that high moving east quick enough to allow Rita to curve north to hit to the east of Houston (which would be a lot better for Houston), with Rita's speed. If so, those Astrodome evacs will be able to say they went through Katrinarita.

Take my prediction with grain of salt...I'm close to a newbie at this. Would rather put my guesses out there so I can go back later and see how close I came, or not.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center