ralphfl
(Weather Master)
Tue Sep 20 2005 05:06 PM
Re: 11am advisory

Ok what is the deal with Fox news? they are as close to false news reporting as you can get.

#1 they are showing a guy in key west with 25 mph winds like its a hurricane there.

#2 they keep posting Alert "Rita hits florida with 85 mph winds.Now we all know this storm is nowhere close to hitting the keys with its center and if lucky they will get a gust half that.They keep pumping rita as hammering the keys which thankfully not.

#3 they are talking right now about the models and all the talk is about it may go to N.O. they just said 3 good models show it going there.I cannot find 1 MIND YOU 1 that shows this storm going there.

Yes everyone should watch it but they are so over hyping this what its doing to florida and N.O. its sick.

I can see the 15 models they are talking about and there are no 3 good models showing it going to N.O. and if they post that "rita hits Florida with 85 mph winds they should be ashamed of there reporting.

I mean to show a branch wiggle and say woah look at that is insane.

They are making people over react with fear.If Key west see's more then 60 mph winds i will be shocked and they are treating this like a 140 mph cane is hitting key west.

Good repoting i don't mind but hype is as bad as wishcasting.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center