WeatherNLU
(Meteorologist)
Tue Sep 20 2005 08:38 PM
Re: Category 2

I'd never wish anything on anyone, but I can only hope that this is a Texas event. It's been three weeks since Katrina, and I still have not been able to see my home. I want to go home! Now they have cancelled the re-entry (just to see, not stay) and they have issued the second mandatory evacuation of my home in the last three weeks. It's pretty bad when they issue another mandatory evacuation before you've returned from the first. They've said that a three inch rain of any kind, would put 4 feet of water back into my house. I can only imagine what any surge of any kind would do. Could someone please try to keep me updated via e-mail with anything that might be going on, including anything that looks as though the high might shift eastward quicker than expected.

You can e-mail me at:

hurrcane@bellsouth.net

I've got internet access, but it's dial-up and it's horrible. I can't access any of my normal sites, no loops or anything. Any updates, write-ups, whatever.....send to me.

Thanks!!!

Shawn

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center