Kimberley Clark
(Weather Watcher)
Tue Sep 20 2005 09:06 PM
Re: Category 2

Shawn, My prayers will be with you. My parents live off of Dog River in Mobile, Alabama and they left for the storm. They are elderly and heart patients and owe over $200,000 on their home. They thought when they refinanced that the flood insurance would continue to be escrowed. Well, Mama received a renewal notice in May, 2005, called the insurance agent and his office told them that it was being paid out of their mortgage and not to worry about it. Their home owners insurance was being escrowed, however, their flood was not and for a measly $40.00, they have no insurance. They are living in a camper in their driveway. It is sad because they have 15 children, 40 plus grandchildren and in the double digits on great grandchildren, and their are so many memories that were drowned. Keep us folks here in the Central Gulf in your prayers also. It is amazing what the weather can do to a town. The redlights are still not working around my area of work, however, I have seen some very kindhearted and wonderful people working together around here. Where I am working, the first floor is gutted. We are 1/2 block from Water Street and the first floor got about 5 feet of water. I have to be thankful though and thanks to you Shawn for reminding me how much I have to be thankful for.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center