The Force 2005
(Storm Tracker)
Wed Sep 21 2005 01:19 PM
Re: another cat 5 in the GOM within 3 weeks?????

Margie,

I was not going to say it, but I will anyway, there was nothing to keep Rita from intesnifying like she did as well as kATRIna, that is RITA inside her. I said yesterday that I expected Rita to be a CAT4 by 48 HRS, well it has been only 24 HRS. I my memory serves me right, it was you who commented that there was no way the Rita would gather strength like she did due to the fact that the SST's were too low. Well, the water temps being reported all over the Gulf are well above 86 degrees. Hopefully for Texas Rita will start to diminish prior to landfall, but I don't see it in the forecast. It is never what you want to report, due to what Katrina left behind. There is no way knowing what she is going to do, and again, if the ridge slides east and weakens, then N.O is not out of the woods yet, only till Rita crosses that Longitude.

Rita's letters being inside of Katrina has nothing to do with its intensity. The sea surface temperatures are still warm, but they are not everything. That's what myself and many others, including Margie, have been looking at to try to diagnose the future intensity of the storm. Just because Katrina did one thing does not mean that Rita will do the same. -Clark

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center