Rick on boat in Mobile
(Weather Drama Guru)
Wed Sep 21 2005 10:04 PM
current path...

is remarkably close to the NHC....and it is kicking more west than north now. So my fears that it was wnw have been squelched. it is definitely, however, more north than anticipated...actually, quite a bit...around 40 miles or so.

Extrapolate that all the way to the coast, and the difference can be hundreds of miles....I am leaning more to the NHC's ideas again...but I wouldn't rule out a significant shift east.

I mean...the envelope of uncertainty is there...so if someone on this forum sees a change in the exact path by the NHC (which is remarkably correct) ...what of it?

This is a forum, and all views and observations should be respected....if someone has a contrary view...fine.

in the end...someone is gonna take it on the chin. this is a BAD HURRICANE......I would hate to have the repsponsibility of figuring out where it is going.....

I am thinking Houston/Galveston...and could easily shift further up the coast towards Louisiana....based on visible observations

whew....

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center