Terra
(Storm Tracker)
Thu Sep 22 2005 02:42 AM
Re: Category 5 Hurricane Rtia Moves Westward in the Gulf

Quote:

Jason, in your best guess and experience do you think Galveston is going to get a direct hit. I havent evacuated yet, probably leave in the am. Wife and kids evacuated to Centerville.

Let me just comment that everyone I know that stayed for Katrina (even those not directly in New Orleans) said never again... I left, and cannot imagine how horrible it must have been to ride the storm out. I wouldn't want to imagine that... If you have the means to go, by all means go... Clearlake is the south side of Houston, so it'll still suck for you if you stay. Even if the track shifts... better safe than sorry.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center