Clark
(Meteorologist)
Thu Sep 22 2005 03:02 AM
Re: Category 5 Hurricane Rtia Moves Westward in the Gulf

Full update now on the blogs. Further intensification possible, but the GFS solution of 200mph in 48hr just before landfall? Not buying that one. This storm is a potential disaster and I hope everyone is prepared for the worst.

All of the previous recon planes are back home now...should get a new one heading out there soon; with weakening likely to commence within 12hr, they may miss the peak intensity of the storm if not. They can't always time the advisory packages and plane reports exactly -- and with the former not being able to budge, it's just coincidence that the planes do not get out there to send their reports in time for a given advisory.

More tomorrow, time permitting. Things are getting busy around here again. Thanks to those of you who have PM'd me (and the other mods, I'm sure) with your support.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center