Beaumont, TX
(Storm Tracker)
Thu Sep 22 2005 04:19 AM
Re: Rita Chugs Westward with 175MPH Winds

Does anyone know if early Friday morning would be too late to leave if the storm turns more north? We are under a voluntary
evacuation but if the storm turns more north they will make it mandatory. I live in Beaumont and have hotel reservations
in Lufkin for Friday night. When would the effects of the storm start hitting the coast? I noticed the track has shifted to landfall
around Freeport. Our meteorologist said if the storm slows down that wouldn't be good for us. I am hoping the track will
not shift any further north but need to be prepared. I've got five pets to load up. Fortunately, the hotel takes pets and I have two
rooms reserved.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center