The Force 2005
(Storm Tracker)
Thu Sep 22 2005 01:21 PM
Re: curvature of earth....and distance from equator

My take on all this NW movement is this:

If by chance Rita is making her move to the North, the forecastors have the uneven task to report even more bad news for all the areas affected by Katrina. It seems to me that all the models now are trending more to the North and East, as the hours go by, and the contention between the high and Rita, I believe that Rita will win out just on her power alone, and she will go where she absolutly wants to go. This can and will be problematic for the forecasters cause I think they don't want this to turn, of course no one else wants it to. But again, we see mother nature in it's full fury, it's all a guessing game.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center