pcola
(Storm Tracker)
Thu Sep 22 2005 03:48 PM
Re: new plots by NHC

"about 5:00 tonight they will finally "tell" people that are in a city near a big lake in a state inbetween Mississippi and Texas that they are back in the realm of possibility." Rick, do mean Hot Springs...lol...everyone is getting to wound up...I love to hear everyones opinions but just remember most of us think of this as a hobby, and we don't make a living at it...I still feel the best barometer is the NHC..they have been awesome this year! Use that as your guide..things can change but they are the experts...as for everyone talking about N.O....just remeber that a storm 170 miles wesy can have a big impact...thats how far I am east of where Katrina came in and we had 5-6ft storm surge..

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center