cmiller324
(Registered User)
Thu Sep 22 2005 04:07 PM
Re: new plots by NHC

Quote:

Quote:

Honestly, as of right now, there is no data to indicate that Rita is going to go anywhere east of the TX/LA border. IF it stalls over the GOM there is a SMALL chance it could go east. But it should be stressed that it is a VERY small chance.

Agreed

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA/RT/gmex-ir4-loop.html

The GOES out of the Gulf shows a North West Movement and that should put the eye in the Galveston Bay area.

I read in here early some said NO is in the path and was wondering what they were looking at?

Wouldn't this happen only if Rita was to track in a straight line? I'm a newb, love this site, but to this day I haven't seen a hurricane track in a straight line.
With the high over Texas moving to the west(that is what I'm seeing on WV) and the high over Florida. Doesn't that leave a funnel for Rita to slide into? Just an observation. It looks like the high over LA is being compressed and noving more to the north. I hope this is wrong.

On another note, we are getting the first rain bands here in Terrebonne Parish. Wind has picked up to bout 25mph with this band.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center