modeleste
(Verified CFHC User)
Thu Sep 22 2005 04:18 PM
Re: new plots by NHC

Rick's prediction is just what I've been getting, as a rank amateur using a seat-of-the pants-method. I suspect he's doing something similar.

Look at the loop http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA/RT/float-vis-loop.html with trop fcst pts turned on.

Over the last day, every time the eye has got to the next forecast point it has been significantly east. Then the track is shifted east to match. Then again the eye arrives east of the next point and the track is shifted again. If just repeat this simple procedure-- reproducing this trends of trend into the future you get the eastern eyewall unnervingly close to NO.

Of course this may be meaningless. But sometime such simple pattern exposes flaws in more complex models.

And I have no anti-NO bias. It is may favorite American city and Houston is one of my least.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center