typhoon_tip
(Meteorologist)
Thu Sep 22 2005 04:56 PM
Re: new plots by NHC

Yeah, you know - that is intriguing! It kind of reminds me of simply balancing forces in vector calculus from them college days... A lot of fancy schmancy terms for what is simply adding up all the vectors and balancing them out.. This can be done with trigonometry, by use of variations in soc-cah-toa (sine over cosine...etc)...

Hypothetically only, I think what may be going on is a strengthening vectorial component (perhaps more so than the models intimate) oriented from S toward the N...Meanwhile, there is a weakening vectorial component oriented from NE toward the SW... In very simply terms, the one from the S is becoming increasingly dominant in the addition. But, without hand on availability to the latest sounding data and the inside scoop on recon that I suspect we don't "really" get to see some times - wink wink - this has to be suppositional...

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center