funky
(Weather Hobbyist)
Thu Sep 22 2005 06:20 PM
Re: new plots by NHC

Quote:

That is correct, and in fact, if you take note of the ir imagery during the last several hours, significant deeper reds have returned and occasionally wrap complete around the CDO... To this meteorologist, that is a preliminary indication that the recent well advertised ERC is completing. As this new ring of convection persists the new eye wall will contract and you will see the winds elevate smartly later on... potential
peace

yes, the storm is now back in intesification mode clearly. the nhc is saying further weakening -- i see this thing strengthening to 165 again in the next 12 hours. it is about to cross back over to the warm eddy in the loop current, and i think we are seeing those high tops forming again because of it.

could someone post the links to the local weather tv stations webcast?

edit: the death toll will come from inland flooding this time. people inland along the tx/la border need to evacuate too. i don't think people realize this at this time. very terrible flooding about to occur inland.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center