funky
(Weather Hobbyist)
Thu Sep 22 2005 06:38 PM
Re: Left out Info...

Quote:

surfs up dude! now where did I put that blasted surf board?

I dunno why NHC is forcasting weakening when it looks pretty obvious by where its going/what its doing that it's re-strengthening...I mean if you wait long enough, ALL hurricanes weaken but immediately it looks to be getting stronger.

yeah i think sometimes ed and the gang spend too much time in interviews and not enough time looking at the data. but they are doing a good job at saying that it isn't going to make much of a difference in the outcome.

i just wish the media and therefore the local governments would pickup on the catastrophic inland flooding about to occur. damn, here in sarasota, fl, we had more rain in 2 days than we had in the last month.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center