typhoon_tip
(Meteorologist)
Thu Sep 22 2005 06:54 PM
Re: Left out Info...

nya - didn't catch that... they're ridiculous sometimes.... wx channel stick cantori out on a peer in a ferocious gale and hype up like it's that way down town!

i swear, news media is taking over the world - like in that song "American Idiot" - i think it's called.

regarding winds: here's the way i like to look at it... go down the highway at 75mph when the cops are looking...and stick your arm out the window...that force you feel exponentially increases for every increment of 10mph you tact onto the wind velocity. i think it may even go by the square - but it's been awhile since tropical meteorology (i was drunk my senior year) anyway, if you think you have trouble holding your arm up against a 75mph wind blasing by your car, imagine a wind 16 times stronger (or 4 incements of ten implie 4-squared)...

isn't that right??? help me out here

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center