Terra
(Storm Tracker)
Thu Sep 22 2005 07:22 PM
Re: Left out Info...

Quote:

These look like totally different products to me. The Accuweather graphic seems to be based on the storm following the NHC center line and the NHC product seems to show numericaly their lack of confidence in the center line forecast.

I think it's true that there is a lack of confidence when it comes to making predictions regarding this storm. ~24-hours, the landfall point was Matagorda Bay (see, I'm learning that geography), now it is east of Galveston, and still the satellite data suggests it isn't far enough east. How can you have a lot of confidence when every time you change the prediction, the storm goes even more to the east of the new prediction?

Those NHC mets must be as frustrated with Rita as they were with Ophelia...

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center