ralphfl
(Weather Master)
Thu Sep 22 2005 08:17 PM
Re: i think I'm off probabation now...

Quote:

and I suppose deservedly so.

now, back to my observations...consistent with most everyone.

it will be interesting to see if Rita starts a more nnw direction....in the next 6 hours we shall see. She is definitely going nw....no doubt about it. and the projected direction by the NHC was more on a wnw..

not splitting hairs....but consider that a 15 degree change in direction is HUGE when you are 500 miles away.

and IF the percieved point that we are working with...(the NHC's plotted point)....then let's work with it. All I am doing is noticing a continuing trend east of the track. And even after the adjustment....Rita went east again..and this time even more than earlier today. I still believe a New Orleans hit is possible...and if I get put on probation....whatever.

my current thinking is Rita will come within 75 miles of New Orleans...(west of the city)...and that is subject to change...as I've had to do since this morning..when I figured a Galveston/Houston hit...

I don't hang on to old ideas of where she will go...when the eye obviously is going elsewhere....ADJUST is what I do....

the NHC will in about two more hours.

was the post at the beginning not read when it comes to your own persnal wishcast? they said to pos then in the other forum did they not? and with something besides your gut feeling to back the track up.This storm would have to turn North NOT nnw even but North now to get near N.O so drop it in this forum already.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center