Beaumont, TX
(Storm Tracker)
Thu Sep 22 2005 09:10 PM
Re: not to belabor the point

Right now Rita is headed for us. She is supposed to come in around the Bolivar Pennisula. We have not left yet because traffic
is moving so slowly. My reservation is for tomorrow in Lufkin so we were thinking of leaving this evening around 10 or so.
Normally a two hour drive, I imagine it will take 8. There doesn't seem to be any news coverage about our area but between
Beaumont, Port Arthur, Nederland, Port Acres, etc. we have a pretty significant population here. I've got 5 pets to get out so
it will be cooler at night. It must be 100 out there. I heard Rita might go in further east but right now the path is here. Of course,
we are worried. I am trying to gather together some phot albums but the main thing is the family and pets. If Rita decides to head
further north we will stay put. Does anyone know the confidence in the track?

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center