Justin in Miami
(Storm Tracker)
Fri Sep 23 2005 02:01 AM
Re: Hurricane Rita Tracking West Northwest in the Gulf

Quote:

Just saw on CNN the latest sat and it looks like a hard left turn to the west...what in the world is going on?????

The mayor of Houston said for any residents of non-threatened areas to stay home and not evacuate.....

Wobble...wobble...she will probably do this until landfall...they all do! I think they pretty much have her pinned down to the area between Galveston/East Bay over to the Lake Charles/TX-LA State line area for landfall. Beaumont, Port Arthur, Orange, and everything in between will be in trouble come Sat. morning. The only good aspect of this landfall location is that most of the immediate coastal area is swampy until you get inland around the I-10 corridor. The bad part of this landfall area is that there are a large number of oil producing platforms/rigs along the coast. I would probably lean towards the western edge of this area.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center