pcola
(Storm Tracker)
Fri Sep 23 2005 04:07 PM
Re: direction?

My take on wobbles...look at hurricane Dennis..it came in well east of the storm track in Navarre FL, track to it to Orange Beach AL..was the NHC wrong? NO. It was the same type of wobble we are seeing here. Dennis would go due north for about 15 miles or so, then due west the same distance...it just so happened that on a north wobble it hit land, had it had another 10 or 15 miles it would have gone west again, and made landfall in AL...the motion was NW but it was heading due north at landfall..if this is the trend with Rita, timing is everything and can move the actual landfall point east or west by 30 miles, without changing the overall forward NW motion....being I wantched Dennis due this on radar before taking my roof, i know it happens

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center