typhoon_tip
(Meteorologist)
Fri Sep 23 2005 04:08 PM
Re: direction?

Quote:

Quote:

The radar loop posts 1hour of data...it may be a wobble but if it goes another hour it is more than that...that is what I would watch...
If it goes as indicated in the last hour NOLA gets slammed!

HOW? it would have to bend NE to even come close to NO.

I hope you ment LA and not NO as thjis storm is already way east of NO and the eye poses no danger to there at this time or in the dir its going now.

Yeah...I tend to agree with this Doug... I think you have to see a radical change in course heading to about 015-02 degrees from 0 (or N) and that is just not in the cards at this time...

However, NOLA has huge issues...The 9th ward (as reported by the incredible ethical FOX NEWS...) is "filling up", as they say. The levee that protects that area has failed! Goes to show you had tenuous that whole scenario is... The get 1 foot of storm surge up in that inlet to Lake P. and the hydrostatic pressure is too much for the Army Corp of Engineers makeshit design...

In other words, they may not need to be directly whacked to get the noteriety of being directly impacted.. Because, the levee may not have failed without this new onslaught... Just something to think about...

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center