Frank P
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Sat Sep 24 2005 01:56 AM
Re: Hurricane Local Statement- 8:30 PM CDT

I think the fixation with the winds of this hurricane by some posters, especially a former Cat 5 hurricane that has weakened, is amiss and missing the really big picture of the tremendous event that is going to transpire as this system goes inland... regardless of what her winds are at land fall, this storm is going to do tremendous damage from her surge... Ivan taught us that lesson last year as its surge devastated the Panhandle and Katrina validated that lesson again this year destroying the entire MS gulf coast... I expect we'll will get a very similar level of surge destruction along the LA/TX coasts for miles, especially to the areas east of the center .... my heart go out to all the good people of Texas and Louisiana that will be dealing with this storm...

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center